Whether you’re on summer vacation with your children or making that commute to work, we all want to avoid the heat while still looking good. You can stay cool and gorgeous by following these 7 fashion tips!
1. Wear waterproof make-up. There’s nothing worse than coming home to find running mascara and melting foundation. Shop for an assortment of waterproof and sweat-proof products. You’ll be able to look fresh all season long!
2. Pack a cardigan for the office. If you’re working regularly during the summer months, it’s not easy finding balance between summer outfits and work appropriate clothing. Wear layers if you have a cool office. Pairing a cardigan or blazer with a dress will keep you cool while maintaining that work dress code.
3. Make white the new little black dress. Memorial Day has passed and it’s time to wear white again! Dark colors absorb the heat. Switch to wearing lighter colors. Neutral tones are really in this summer, so add that note to the shopping list.
4. Don’t forget your sunglasses. This summer must-have accessory gives you the chance to stay fashionable while protecting your eyes. Sporty shades and catty glasses are a few big summer trends to try out. Most importantly, pick bright colors that add some pizzazz to your outfit!
5. Choose the right swimwear. When you and the family are catching some rays at the pool, find a swimsuit that will look good on you. Follow these swimwear dos and don’ts when shopping!
6. Take out the sandals. This type of shoes will be your best friend this summer. Let your feet stay cool by wearing cute sandals like stylish wedges or fabulous flats.
7. Stick to loose-fitting clothing. Wear comfortable clothes that will actually make you breathe when dealing with the summer heat. Our favorite items include maxi skirts and loose buttoned up shirts!