When struggling to juggle a full time job and taking care of kids, you’re not alone. It’s a big challenge to find balance in your daily routine as a working mother. We give you the five best ways to find a little more balance in your busy life!
1. Unplug. Unless your job requires you to be on call 24 hours a day, leave your work at the office. Yes, it’s hard to not use smart phones or tablets to check your work e-mails. Turn off your work phone then. Not thinking about work would give you the time to wind down after a long day. Even setting an hour of “plugging in” might help you adjust to make the transition. Focus on your family when at home.
2. Keep up with your health. Don’t forget to care of yourself whether it’s exercising or eating your greens. You can sometimes forget about health in the midst of all the chaos. But, getting sick is definitely a problem you want to avoid! Getting the right amount of sleep is the easiest way to focus on your body’s health.
3. Be organized. You might lose your sanity when trying to remember what to do for both work and home. Use a calendar that will help you keep track of times and places. Even at home, have a personal office space for all your work materials. You don’t want to scramble to find paperwork in the morning. Planning ahead will make you worry a little less. You might even stop thinking you’re forgetting something – or someone!
4. Prioritize. Even supermoms can’t be too much on their plate. You won't be able to coach every soccer team that your child is in or even join your co-workers for a drink at work. Don’t overload. Figure on what’s best for you. Focus on your family and job. Decide which tasks are more important than the others and know it’s your choice at the end of the day.
5. Stay positive. Breathe. Life might be crazy from time to time, but that doesn’t mean you cannot be happy! You love your job and family. There’s nothing wrong on balancing the two in life. You can have the best of both worlds. Just know when you’re jumping over obstacles on a busy day that you’re doing what you love! Don’t forget to smile and love life!