We've said it before, and we'll say it again, getting your kids to eat vegetables is a challenge! We love finding new ways to sneak healthy foods into their diets, though, so we came up with an ice cream that will surely fool them: Sweet Avocado Ice Cream. It looks just like mint chocolate chip ice cream, so they won't even know they're chowing down on something healthy!
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk (28 oz total)
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ripe avocados
- Optional: 1-2 cup chocolate chips
- Beat the cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks start to form. Set aside.
- Put the sweetened condensed milk in another bowl.
- Mash the avocado up with a fork and then mix into the sweetened condensed milk. Mix in the sugar.
- Fold the cream into the milk and avocado mixture.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips if desired.
- Place in the freezer and leave until frozen all the way through or overnight.