- What tasks will I perform? (Ask the employer to list every step of the job.)
- Will I be paid a salary or will my pay be based on commission?
- When will I get my first paycheck?
- Will I be required to purchase any tools for performing my job? (Keep in mind that you will be expected to own and computer, have internet connection and maybe a fax to perform most duties required for a legitimate at-home job)
- At an advanced stage in the interview process, ask to speak with an employee if they claim to have employed similar at-home workers. This is your opportunity to ask questions about that employee’s experiences on the job and with the company overall. (some information provided by FTC)
There should be a letter of engagement or offer letter when you start employment. The items addressed in the questioning should be documented in the letter. Don’t give up on the work-at home job searching. Keep searching those key words and check with local employers. The employers who come to us at Smart Moms need skilled, reliable workers. If your skills speak well for themselves , you provide great references and have a plan for working at home you may become a candidate to consider.
Find out more at www.smart-moms-online.com.