Increase your energy, rev your metabolism and feel better in just 10 minutes with this challenging at-home Boot Camp workout.
You don’t need any fancy equipment or even a gym. Just a few pieces of furniture and some motivation!
Do 1 minute, or about 20 repetitions of the following:
1. March warm-up: March in place.
2. Plank: Prepare to do a push-up but hold the position. Pull your belly button up.
3. Couch step-ups: Put your right leg on your couch and bring your left leg up to meet your right leg. Step down with left leg only.
4. “Girl” push-ups: Place your hands wide on the back of a sturdy chair. Lower your upper body until your chest is in line with your elbows, push up.
5. Superman: Lie on your stomach and lift your arms and legs like Superman, release.
6. Dips: Sit on your couch with your hands to your sides. Keep hands on your couch as you lift your hips up and off couch. Bend elbows to 90 degrees and straighten.
7. Plank abductions: Hold plank as you did in #2, but lift one leg out to the side then the other.
8. Counterbalance squats: Stand in front of your chair and hold your arms at shoulder height (and keep them there). Perform a squat as you almost sit in your chair and stand up.
9. Push-ups: Just like you did in grade school! But you can place your hands wide to hit your chest muscles, or place your hands narrow to hit your triceps (back of the arms) muscles. And you can modify by putting your knees on the ground.
Perform 2-3 times (morning, afternoon and evening) every other day for best results. And if you like the quick 10-minute workouts check out Lindsay Brin’s Boot Camp 2 at www.momsintofitness.com