I’ve started reading The Happiness Project and am thoroughly enjoying it. When I saw an article on Yahoo! Shine titled, “5 Habits Of The Happiest Couples” I was led to click through. The five points she listed made sense and I thought I’d share them here and put my spin on them.
1. Reach out. It’s far too easy to get wrapped up in our own busy-ness and stresses. Making the effort to ask your spouse how they’re really doing can do wonders for your connection.
2. Be thankful. Regular readers both here and on my personal site know how thankful I am for my husband. He’s pretty much one of the greatest men on the planet. The cool thing is, he’s just as thankful for me. If you focus on your partner’s faults, that will only lead to discontent (and who knows what else).
3. Live your passion. Oh, how I loved this point. If I’m in my groove creatively and happy with what I’m doing, that happiness spills into be loving on my husband.
4. Make do. Be happy with what you have, not discontent with what you don’t have. It kind of ties in to point 2, but is a good reminder that while goals and aspirations are good, being happy with what you already have will do wonders for your spirit.
5. Enjoy the simple pleasures. Yes! While we try to have a regular Date Night, they don’t break the budget. We also take joy in doing things together like gardening, hiking, etc.
Do you have any “happy habits” that you’d like to share with the class?