It is Thanksgiving this weekend (DUH) and this is as good of a time as any to list the reasons that I am thankful for my husband.
1. He chose me to be the one he spends his life with. He takes the love, honor, and cherish vows seriously. I am blessed by this every day.
2. He is the best Dad EVER. He would take a bottle feeding in the night when we had newborns so I could have a little extra sleep. He is one of the most ‘hands-on’ Dads I have ever even heard of (jazz class and bath time and wiping bums, oh my!). He is involved.
3. He is a “floor guy.” He hates a “dirty” floor (quotes are for good reason) and will clean the floors long before I, hardly a ‘Pigpen’, would deem it time to clean them. In twelve years of marriage I’ve cleaned the floors…five times? Maybe six? Each and every time I did so to woo my husband. Love languages, etc.
4. He takes care of himself. He doesn’t smoke, he drinks beer in moderation, he eats healthy 95% of the time (we rarely eat out).
5. He makes me feel pretty. Words of affirmation, taps to my butt, comments to our kids about how beautiful I am. He’s the best thing that ever happened to my fragile ego.
6. His faith. We share the same faith, which I think makes us work the best we can, and having someone who shares my faith as my other half makes me thankful. We discuss, we debate, we encourage.
7. His patience. Patience is a virtue that I do not have, though I have made long strides. But I’m still…not patient. He, however, ranks up there with Job.
8. His hotness. Not only is he amazing on so many levels, he’s tall, dark, and handsome. Score!
9. His love of the outdoors. He’s never been a “gamer” and would much rather hike/snowmobile/ATV/ski/fish/putter/BE OUTSIDE. I am a fan of fresh air and sunshine, and keeping fit, so I appreciate that we share this.
10. His sense of humor. He is smart and witty and can throw out a good innuendo. I love that.
What things about your spouse are you thankful for?