Passive aggressive comments aside, we were told that our first year of marriage would be HARD. We would fight a lot, we would have a hard time adjusting to being bonded to another person, there may be dishes smashed in the process.
We had none of that. My husband and I share the same two main love languages (words of affirmation and acts of service), which helps a lot. I am fiery, but he is calm and steady and we just balance each other out. This is not to say that I wish he could get more fired up about stuff sometimes, or that he wishes I could not be so emotional sometimes, but it’s all good. Most days.
I feel like taking some time to lay out why my spouse is so awesome.
- He’s tall (6′2″), dark, and handsome.
- He cleans the floors. I’ve done the same … five times? Maybe six? In twelve years of marriage.
- He makes me snort-laugh.
- He bakes, he cleans (more than floors), and he (literally) pays the bills.
- He’s athletic, is fit (RAWR), and inspires me to do the same.
- He is the most hands-on Dad that I know. Middle of the night feedings when the kids were babies, diaper changes, shuffling them to activities, coaching soccer, tucking them in at night, and so much more. There’s a reason that he’s the favorite parent.
So, tell me. What qualities in your spouse do you find to be awesome?
Subscribe to blog via RSS