The temperatures are cooling and the official first day of fall is just around the corner. Those long walks on the beach after a dinner out don’t have to end, you just have to trade out your breezy summer dress for jeans and a long-sleeved top. Here are a few other ideas:
- Grab a latte - pumpkin if you like it (I don’t) - and take that walk on the beach or in a park. Or hit up your local library or bookstore if you want to stay inside.
- Wander through a corn maze. Just make sure you stick together.
- Go on a wine tour. It’s harvest time for most wineries and they often have live entertainment to listen to while you sample their wines.
- Go for a bike ride. It’s too hot to ride on those record-breaking-temperature days, but now you can pedal without becoming a sweaty mess.
- Build a campfire and roast some s’mores. Many places have campfire bans in the dry summer, but they remove them in the fall.
- Go for a hike. The heat of the day is usually the perfect temperature for any exercise, so hike up a nearby mountain and enjoy the view.
Do you have any fall date suggestions to share?