with Angella Dykstra
I'm a mom of three, a professional accountant, and an amateur photographer and writer. I am not a marriage expert. But my husband and I take "Til death do us part" seriously, and here I'll be sharing how we keep our marriage strong while we both do that insane work-life juggle.
Check out my Work It, Mom! profile and my blog, Dutch Blitz.
Buying Christmas gifts for my husband is never an easy task. He’s a handy guy who likes to renovate our house/build furniture, but in order to get him a tool he needs, he has to send me a link/tell his Dad to help me find it. The same goes for hunting gear - he knows what he wants/needs and I haven’t a CLUE. I did manage to come up with a few ideas that I think he’ll like/appreciate, and would love to hear some ideas from you guys. We’ve only got two weeks to get it together, folks.
1. A new iPhone! My husband has been hobbling along with his iPhone 3 (Not even a 3s!) for far too long and he’s finally agreed to let me buy out the last few months of his contract so that he can join me in the wonderful land of the iPhone 5.
2. A great iPhone case. He wants something durable and most of my friends swear by Otterbox cases, so I’m getting one for myself and one for him. The one for him is a camo design! His mind is going to be blown.
3. A stocking full of chocolates. The stereotype is that women love chocolate and while I think it’s fine and good, I always choose salty snacks over sweet ones. My husband, however, has a great love of anything chocolate, so I use Christmas to replenish his stash.
4. New underwear. I’m serious. He will wear underwear until it’s ripped and barely hanging together, so each Christmas he gets a new pile and I burn the old ones.
5. New clothes. My husband has a bit of a ‘preppy’ look going on when he’s not wearing camouflage and hunting deer, so I usually get him a new sweater and matching button down shirt.
How about you? What do you get for the man in your life?
Subscribe to blog via RSS