with Angella Dykstra
I'm a mom of three, a professional accountant, and an amateur photographer and writer. I am not a marriage expert. But my husband and I take "Til death do us part" seriously, and here I'll be sharing how we keep our marriage strong while we both do that insane work-life juggle.
Check out my Work It, Mom! profile and my blog, Dutch Blitz.
We’re exactly one week away from Christmas (Don’t shoot the messenger!) and tensions seem to be running high not just for my husband and I, but for many of our friends. It’s supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year, but it seems to be turning into one big headache instead. Here are a few tips to stay connected with your other half during the holidays.
1. Let the cleaning slide. I’m not suggesting that you go all Hoarders-style, but the deep-cleaning can wait a few days.
2. Have sex. I’m serious. Nobody is stressed out and grumpy after sex and if you are, you’re doing it wrong.
3. Curl up together on the couch and watch a show you both enjoy. You may already do this, but my husband and I rarely take time to watch any T.V. at this time of year because we have so much to do. These past few nights, though, we’ve (had some “alone time”, then) watched an episode of Downton Abbey. We finished Season 2 last night, so we’ll have to find something else to take our mind off of this busy week.
4. Surprise each other. My husband left hear fifteen minutes late because he was trying to get stuff done and he didn’t have time to pack a lunch. I have an insane afternoon/evening ahead, but I plan to make him a lunch when I make mine and drop it off on my way to where I’m going.
5. Hug each other. We tend to both be bustling about, but then one of us will grab the other one and pull them in for a hug. It does wonders for the soul.
Do you have anything to add?
Subscribe to blog via RSS