Winter is in full force (Blizzards and ice storms and power outages, oh my!), but it doesn’t mean that your family is relegated to watching television or playing on electronics for the next four months. There are many things you can do outdoors, and have fun together while doing them.
1. Go skiing. This one is more of an investment, for sure. We made the leap two winters ago and the rewards have been tenfold. Lots of fun, and memories, and family time.
2. Go skating. I grew up spending my weekends at “fun” skate times, because there wasn’t much else to do in our small town. You get some exercise, and you have fun (once you get your balance). Win, win.
3. Go snow shoeing. We bought a cabin at our local ski hill this year, and we’ve spent a lot of time up there outside of ski season. We bought snow shoes for the family to give us yet another outdoor activity to participate in together. Or, alone, if I need some “me” time.
4. Go sledding. Who doesn’t like to hurl themselves down an icy hill and scream madly while you pray you make it to the bottom alive? Boring people, that’s who. We have a great hill right in our backyard, and will go sledding when we’re up at the cabin as well.
5. Go for a walk. Grab your dogs (if you have them) and go for a walk together. Admire the pretty lights people have up, and have a snowball fight if you’re so inclined. Just being outside and together is all that matters.
What family activities do you participate in together as a family?