with Angella Dykstra
I'm a mom of three, a professional accountant, and an amateur photographer and writer. I am not a marriage expert. But my husband and I take "Til death do us part" seriously, and here I'll be sharing how we keep our marriage strong while we both do that insane work-life juggle.
Check out my Work It, Mom! profile and my blog, Dutch Blitz.
1. Always kiss goodbye.
2. Say I love you when you kiss goodbye, and also say it randomly.
3. Laugh together, often and much.
4. Talk about what is bugging you, before it festers and boils into something more than it needs to be.
5. Go on regular date nights.
6. Have sex at least every second day.
7. Eat dinner together with your family, and carry on the conversation after they are excused from the table.
8. Have regular State of the Union meetings, with or without wine.
9. Take care of your bodies. Fit bodies makes point #6 easier to accomplish.
10. Go to bed angry. Waking up in the morning after a full night’s rest makes everything clear again.
11. Don’t forget about the random butt-squeeze.
12. Text/call throughout the day. Keeping connected about the little things makes it easy to be connected about the bigger things.
13. Commit to forever, and do everything you can to make that happen.
Is there anything that you want to add?
Subscribe to blog via RSS