Are you a fan of roasting your own pumpkin seeds? I’m not. I love carving jack-o-lanterns, but the guts always go straight to the trash, even though I feel a little twinge of guilt about being so wasteful. This is the year I’m changing it up: Here are 10 great crafts for you and your kids (and me!) to make with pumpkin seeds.
1. Pumpkin seed vase from Mermaids’ Makings.
2. Pumpkin seed skeleton from Little Family Fun.
(The example is made with beans, but pumpkin seeds would be just as cute.)
3. Owl-o-lanterns from Parents Magazine. Photo by Andrea Grablewski.
4., 5., and 6. Pumpkin seed necklaces three ways: one from Scraps of Us, one from Gingerbread Snowflakes, and one from Martha Stewart.
7. Colored and scented pumpkin seeds from Growing a Jeweled Rose.
Does this remind anyone of anything?
8. Pumpkin seed flowers from Amanda MacKay.
If it’s way too early for you to start thinking about Christmas crafts, how about using these on napkin rings for Thanksgiving dinner? Or glued to a pinback as a brooch?
9. Pumpkin the hedgehog from Playful Learners.
This could keep a toddler entertained long enough for you to make a cup of tea and actually drink it while it’s still hot.
10. Pumpkin seed flowers by Family Education.
This simpler flower would look stunning glued onto fabric place mats or a table runner.
Will you be crafting with your pumpkin seeds this year?