As a kid, one of my favorite things about the holiday season was the homemade advent calendar my mom packed with all kinds of fun goodies and activities, one for each day leading up to Christmas. Now that I have my own kids, it’s still one of my favorite things, and although I won’t say no to a store-bought advent calendar full of tiny chocolates, I’ll always keep the tradition alive with a homemade version too.
I know we’re still a week out from Thanksgiving, but advent starts on December 1, sharp, so it’s time to get cracking on the gift that keeps on giving and giving and giving and giving…Here are 24 of my favorites:
Let’s start with some simple paper options:
1. Paper trees from Willowday (includes a free template!)
3. Paper shapes from Mikkamade (The instructions are in Italian, but the pictures illustrate the easy process)
Boxes and other containers:
6. Mini-tree boxes from Oh Happy Day (free template!)
8. Glass jars from Brigitte (My German(?) isn’t good enough to translate the instructions, but it looks like what we have here is a collection of glass jars, each dipped in a shade of green paint.)
11. Magnetic tins from Twig and Thistle (free template!)
You guys know how I love my toilet paper tube crafts:
16. TP elves from Pysselbolaget (free template!) (And you can practice your Swedish while you make these)
18. Spool kits from Just Something I Made (free template! and instructions on how to turn this into a gift)
19. Beer advent from Instructables (free template!) (This one is obviously not for the kiddies…)
22. Bulletin board from Leelah Loves (free template!)
Do you have any favorites?
Subscribe to blog via RSS