There were some questions on my first post. Let’s chat!
1. Are you and Linda S. the same person? No. Linda and I also work together on her site SundryBuzz.
2. Where are the cute Target earrings?? Hidden by my hair.
3. Are these your kids’ real names now, or still the pseudonyms you use on your Swistle blog? Still pseudonyms. Those are their middle names.
4. You are so pretty! I thought you’d be fatter! Thanks! But I AM fatter. When I was choosing a photo from the few
hundred I took, I wasn’t thinking, “How can I get a picture that accurately represents my age/fatness, and do you suppose they’d let me include a supplementary shot that shows my stretch marks and saggy tum area?” No, I was thinking, “How can I get a picture that makes people say, “You are so pretty! I thought you’d be fatter”? If I could have gotten away with posting a photo of Drew Barrymore, I would have.
Here’s a photo I rejected. I may not be sixteen, but here I look FIFTY-FIVE (I see my fuuuuuu-turrrrrrre!) and like I’m married to a politician. (Whatever I’m doing there with my expression/posture to make those saggy folds, I am never doing it again.) But you CAN see my cute Target earrings:
(Swistle, age 55)
(cute Target earring)
Or here’s one where I have my hair tucked behind my ears, which is what I do within 2 seconds of styling it in the morning because it drives me crazy to have hair touching my face. This is how my hair actually looks as I go about my day. But I did not want Hair Accuracy, I wanted Hair Awesomeness. And what is that I doing with my facial expression? Am I simpering? Also: jawline. Also: FOREHEAD. Also: the rounded shoulders of a person who reads and writes rather than going out into the healthful fresh air.
Or how about this one? DORK MUCH??
Also consider: You know that diet I’ve been
boring riveting you with over on the Swistle blog for over 2 months now? I was not lying to you when I said it has been going well. You BETTER tell me I look skinny, because I have given up a LOT of brownies!
5. What are your skin secrets? More on this another time!
6. Is your mother-in-law going to find you online now? My name is common enough that I think it’s unlikely. But I try to follow Linda’s advice of assuming other people WILL find it. (I don’t do a very good job, but I try.)
7. How did you come up with the name “Swistle”? Boring story: My family calls me Swis, which comes from a childhood mispronunciation of my name. When I needed a blogging pseudonym, I added various end-sounds until I came up with one I liked. Voila! “Swistle”!
8. Is it okay if I still call you Swistle? PLEASE DO. I think of MYSELF as Swistle now!
Did I miss anything?
Next up: SHORTER POST.