Ham and Cheese Corn Muffins Recipe

Categories: Cooking, Kids Cook

I made these a few days ago and my children loved them. They raved on and on about these muffins and wanted to know if I would make them again. As in RIGHT THAT VERY SECOND.

Something that gets that much of a good review begs to be shared.

1 package Jiffy corn muffin mix
1/4 cup chopped deli ham (I used Boars Head honey ham)
1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used a cheddar/colby jack mixture)
1/3 cup milk (I used water because the only milk I had on hand was vanilla flavored soy)
1 egg
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

(I quadrupled this recipe and it made 24 large muffins and 12 mini-muffins)

DSC_0119

It’s America’s favorite you know. (For my celiac peeps, here is a link to a delicious gluten free cornbread recipe. Add the ham, cheese, and mustard to this recipe.)

DSC_0120

Dice up your ham into small bite sized pieces.

DSC_0122

Dump all the ingredients into your bowl and mix well.

DSC_0115

It is another recipe that is easy enough for kids to make.

DSC_0126

I love my muffin tins, the way that they are worn and well loved.

DSC_0129

Grease your muffin tins really well. A word of advice I have, if you have paper liners that you normally use for cupcakes, I would use them. These muffins are notorious for sticking. Also, it would make them better able to be transported intact in a lunchbox.

DSC_0130

Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve these warm or cold.

Be prepared to buy the ingredients to make them again.

• My kids live for the Jiffy corn muffin mix. May have to try it with ham and cheese. Sounds delicious!

justAcliche  |  October 16th, 2008 at 3:49 pm

• Looks yummy! I’ll have to give this a try sometime…

Jenni  |  October 16th, 2008 at 3:59 pm

• Those sound scrumptious! I just found your blog and I love it. The pictures add a lot to it!

Lisa  |  October 16th, 2008 at 4:03 pm

• Those look delicious.

Andrea  |  October 16th, 2008 at 4:52 pm

• These sound so good! They’d be good to serve with chili, too.

How to Party with an Infant  |  October 16th, 2008 at 6:45 pm

• I have Jiffy corn muffin mix in the pantry! And we have a full house tonight. You’ve solved part of the “what’s for dinner?” question!

LizP  |  October 16th, 2008 at 8:25 pm

• we love the corndog version…i’ll have to give these a try too.

shannon  |  October 16th, 2008 at 8:51 pm

• What an awesome lunchbox idea. Thanks!

Susan  |  October 16th, 2008 at 9:54 pm

• Definitely adding these to the menu!

Amy  |  October 17th, 2008 at 4:17 am

• What would we do without Jiffy mix? I find those little packages perfect for our now two person family. And you can do so many different things with them. I use a small iron skillet to make mine and half always goes in the freezer for the next time.

Ruth H  |  October 17th, 2008 at 9:50 pm

• Ham and cheese cornbread muffins, huh? I’d have to taste them to see if I’d like them.
    Jiffy mix is made in Chelsea, Michigan which is just a few hours drive from my house. They have factory tours available and yet I’ve never taken my kids there! Now I think I should put that on our to-do list :)

Elizabeth  |  October 20th, 2008 at 12:54 am

• mmm sounds yummy and the lunchbox idea is great!

kbegnaud  |  October 20th, 2008 at 3:59 pm

• We are big Jiffy corn muffin fans too. I have all of this stuff at home! Warm for breakfast with some fruit…mmm.I hope tomorrow’s chilly! Thanks!

reen  |  October 20th, 2008 at 8:48 pm

• [...] oatmeal, ham & cheese corn muffins, eggs in a nest, waffles from the freezer, fruits, milk & [...]

MPM « My Crazy Little Life  |  October 20th, 2008 at 11:46 pm

• They made a hit at my house! I used turkey ham and colby chunks of cheese. Thanks for the idea!

KIM  |  October 28th, 2008 at 3:48 pm

• If you can’t find Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix at your store or are out of it, here’s a Copy Cat recipe you can make at home.

This recipe is equal to one 8.5 ounce box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.

JIFFY CORN MUFFIN MIX copy cat recipe

Makes 8.5 ounces (equal to 1-box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix)
    Makes 1-1/2 cups of mix
    Makes 6 corn muffins

2/3 cup all purpose flour
    1/2 cup yellow corn meal
    3 Tbsp granulated sugar
    1 Tbsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 Tbsp vegetable oil

Combine flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well with whisk. Whisk in vegetable oil and mix until dry mixture is smooth and lumps are gone.

Use the above mixed ingredients in recipes calling for a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.

To make corn muffins:
    Preheat oven to 400F.
    Combine above mixture with:

1 egg
    1/3 cup milk

Fill muffin tins 1/2 full.
    Bake 15-20 minutes
    Makes 6 muffins.

Rusty  |  October 29th, 2008 at 12:07 am

• [...] ham & cheese corn muffins, [...]

MPM « My Crazy Little Life  |  November 3rd, 2008 at 3:12 am

• Hi!
    You use Jiffy cornbread mix even though it is not gluten-free? do you have a gluten-free cornbread recipe that you like that you could share? i love your blog - you are so funny!! You should write a cookbook. i predict it would be wonderful.

thanks
    kelly

kelly  |  November 8th, 2008 at 6:18 pm

• I am making there… right now.

Florida Girl In Sydney  |  February 26th, 2009 at 1:49 am