Cream Cheese Dip — Kids Cook

Categories: Uncategorized

DSC_0413_edited-1

A couple weeks ago a friend of mine came over for dinner and brought this dip. All of the kids went wild for it.

Okay, so it doesn’t really even involve cooking, per se. But the kids can make it by themselves and it is a great snack for when they have friends over.

DSC_0391

You will need:

2 blocks of cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
3T brown sugar
1T vanilla extract
mini chocolate chips
toffee bits

DSC_0393

Dump the two blocks of cream cheese into a mixing bowl. Add the powdered sugar.

DSC_0396

And the brown sugar.

DSC_0400_edited-1

Add the vanilla.

Use your hand mixer to blend well.

DSC_0411

Sometimes you might need a second pair of hands to hold the bowl still. Bonus if you have a helpful older brother.

Mix the chips and toffee bits into the mixture by hand. I just eyeballed this since I didn’t want too much. I would estimate that it was probably one-third of the package.

DSC_0407

Serve with graham crackers or apple slices.

DSC_0415_edited-1

Stand back while it is devoured.

DSC_0416_edited-1

• Where was this when I had my son’s b-day party?

This will definitely go into my file for all kids’ parties.

SoMo  |  February 21st, 2009 at 8:47 pm

• we had a mom bring this to a playgroup and it is truly terrific! It’s a great one for using up leftover candy:)

ellen  |  February 21st, 2009 at 8:51 pm

• I had this at a baby shower once - it is fantastic! It tastes like chocolate chip cookie dough. The one I had didn’t have the toffee bits, but that seems like a great addition! They also shaped it into a “cheese ball” shape and rolled it in more chocolate chips - yum!

Sara  |  February 22nd, 2009 at 12:47 am

• We make a variety of flavors using this basic recipe. For Valentine’s Day my hubby actually made a cherry chocolate chip one using maraschino cherries. It was great! We’ve done Rocky Road, Mint Chocolate Chip and even one for the grown ups with Kahlua. It is fun to vary the dippers too….marshmallows, ginger snaps, apple slices, and sugar cookies are some of our favs!

Meredith  |  February 22nd, 2009 at 2:32 am

• The easiest, lazy version is just brown sugar and cream cheese, but adding the toffee bits option is making me drool. And how did you manage to squeeze in this blog post with the rest of the utterly crazy schedule right now!?

Brigitte  |  February 22nd, 2009 at 11:43 am

• My version is without the chocolate chips (more toffee, of course) and we use apples soaked in pineapple juice (keeps them from browning) - I call it a healthy snack.

terilynn  |  February 22nd, 2009 at 2:18 pm

• Sounds delish!
    Just for those not in the USA, what is powdered sugar?

Chris says: I believe it is also called confectioners sugar.

Grace  |  February 23rd, 2009 at 1:21 am

• OMG, that looks fabulous, and here I thought I wouldn’t need to go to Kroger tomorrow. Looks like I’m wrong again.

Anna warmuth  |  February 23rd, 2009 at 5:07 am

• Tried it today.
    SOOOOO good!

It didn’t get my toddler to eat the apples but it was a valid effort.

DW  |  February 23rd, 2009 at 10:59 pm

• This has been a favorite of our family’s for years. We use green apples as our “dippers” instead of graham crackers. . .we’ll have to give the grahams a go!

Kate  |  February 26th, 2009 at 7:33 am

• so very good! I started off using apples as dippers, ran out of them and ate the rest with a spoon. Yes, I admit it - a spoon.

Charity  |  March 4th, 2009 at 9:19 pm

• terilynn

Sounds delish!
    Just for those not in the USA, what is powdered sugar?

I believe it is also called caster sugar.

Harmony  |  March 4th, 2009 at 10:29 pm