Stuffed Jalepeno Pepper Poppers

Categories: Cooking, Entertaining, Holiday Entertaining, Uncategorized

These are so easy to make… are you beginning to sense a theme with my cooking? Yesterday I whipped up a platter of these and brought them outside to my sons’ friends that were hanging out in yard with him. Yes I realize teenage boys will eat anything, but they will also tell you if it isn’t good while they are eating it. They inhaled the peppers.

One boy picked one up off of the platter and said, very seriously, “Everything is better with bacon.” If I had a teenage daughter I would have immediately proposed an arranged marriage.

These are great party appetizers and can be served hot or room temperature. I had meant to make them for the Fourth of July, but I never got around to it.

You will need:

jalepeno peppers
block of cream cheese
bacon

Yes, that is all you need. I know, it almost doesn’t count as a recipe! Except it does, because it is delicious.

DSC_0002-1

Behold! The peppers.

DSC_0004

Cut the top off of your peppers and remove the seeds. The seeds are where all of the hotness resides in the pepper. Once the seeds are removed the peppers really are not very hot at all.

DSC_0008

Stuff the peppers with cream cheese.

DSC_0010

Did you hear that? That was the sound of the heavenly angels singing.

DSC_0013

That pepper in the middle? All mine.

Wrap your peppers in bacon and place them on a foil lined baking pan. You do want a pan with a lip since the bacon will make grease and could potentially catch your oven on fire. Not that I would know anything about that. Ahem.

DSC_0015

Place in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Then turn your oven to broil and cook 5 additional minutes.

DSC_0018

Enjoy.

You might want to eat some yourself before you offer them to any teenage boys in the area. Just sayin’

• OK, Chris. I seriously want to come and live at your house. Your recipes are too good for words (We make your fajitas ALL THE TIME).

Angella  |  July 7th, 2009 at 8:53 pm

• Ooh, that looks way easier and TASTIER than any poppers recipe I’ve tried before. Bummer that I only have one jalapeno in the refrigerator right now!

Brigitte  |  July 8th, 2009 at 10:06 am

• OK, question — how spicy are these?

Chris says: They are spicy, but not overly so. All of my children eat them.

Nataly  |  July 8th, 2009 at 11:30 pm

• I will definitely try this recipe….
    Also, I wanted to mention that I was flipping through my roommates copy of good house keeping and was pleasantly surprised to see you in it! Very cool.

K  |  July 9th, 2009 at 11:34 am

• I don’t like jalapenos and I don’t like cream cheese–but I want to try them anyway, because the bacon looks so good!!

t in hd  |  July 9th, 2009 at 12:44 pm

• In our family (NM, not TX) the recipe for jalapeno poppers is a hotly debated topic! Each of my children have their own favorite way to make them. In two weeks when all the children gather at my house we are having a family cookoff with my husband as the judge. . .
    Variations include: Cream cheese with monterey jack cheese, pepper jack cheese, MAPLE flavor bacon and other combinations.

Lori  |  July 9th, 2009 at 2:00 pm

• I tried these with fat fee cream cheese, snipped some chives in and used turkey bacon…….just as good!
    Watch buying the turkey bacon and compare labels, some brands have as much fat as real bacon……but there are some good ones on the market…..
    Your right, these were just too easy!

susan thomason  |  July 9th, 2009 at 7:09 pm

• Those are the best thing EVER! I do them on my grill and let me just tell you. Mmmmm-Mmmmmm!

peepnroosmom  |  July 10th, 2009 at 12:21 am

• love this!! I also stuff mine with cream cheese and shredded “mexican” cheese… (mont. jack,, cheddar etc….) You also can mix the cream cheese with black beans and STUFF… and if they are too spicy… dip them in ranch dip made with sour cream… and then weep for joy.

Paula  |  July 10th, 2009 at 1:48 am

• I made these and…YUMMY! The only thing is…Why did my bacon slide off when I baked them? Oh well, they were still great. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Chris says: I don’t know why! Did you wind the entire slice of bacon around the pepper?

Amy  |  July 12th, 2009 at 1:20 pm

• i mix in cheddar cheese with cream cheese or I use the prices shredded cheese stuff and frill em - yummy

Mary Watkins  |  July 16th, 2009 at 6:01 pm

• Just cooked these!!! SOOO yummy. I think next time I will try stuffing a variety of peppers like bell, Anaheim, poblano, and so forth. And try mixing some shredded cheddar in with the cream cheese too as I see some have done from the comments. What a great recipe, Chris, thank you so much for sharing this.

Elena  |  July 17th, 2010 at 10:11 pm