with Busy Mom
When you have kids, the battle between order and chaos at home can take place on many fronts. Ordering Disorder is about ways to fight domestic entropy with organizing tips, tricks, meal ideas and more.
To learn more about Elizabeth, visit Busy Mom Blog or check out her Work It, Mom! profile.
I’ve been feeling fall-ish and craving muffins lately, but I wasn’t sure what sounded good. I’ve tried blueberry, apple cinnamon and have unenthusiastically gathered recipes for a couple of other kinds. I just wasn’t “feeling it” until I saw this recipe for Pumpkin Muffins from my friend, Miss Zoot.
It really couldn’t be easier, all you need is two ingredients: a 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree and a box of spice cake mix:
Just mix those two things together (you don’t have to make the cake mix, first):
Bake for about 20 minutes at 350, and you get these:
Seriously, that’s it! Once I recover from overdosing on them, I’m sure they’ll be good to keep around the house for cool fall mornings.
Helpful hints (this is what I did, anyway):
1. Make sure you have the oven actually up to 350 (trust me), otherwise, you will have pumpkin blobs and be very puzzled.
2. Fill the muffin cups pretty full, which goes against traditional muffin making wisdom.
3. The batter will be sticky and a little hard to work with, but it’s worth it!
4. It makes 12-16 muffins depending on how big you make them.
5. I hear they’re even better the next day, but I may not be able to find out since they’re going fast.
I love hearing about new, quick food ideas. Do you have any fun, absurdly simple recipes to share? Will you make it for me?
Subscribe to blog via RSS