The Super Bowl is coming up, and I consider it the official end of Appetizer Season, so it makes me a little sad. I love appetizers and I’m always on the lookout for something new, or at least “new” to me.
I’m fortunate to be able to take a girl’s trip to the beach each January with my friends. Aside from the obvious benefit of getting to go on vacation, I always end up with a few new recipes.
We cook at least one of the night’s we’re there, and this year we ended up just having an appetizer spread. I particularly like it when I learn about an appetizer that’s really quick and easy because we know I’m all about the quick appetizer.
I may be the last one to know about this, but I am in love with Boursin cheese-stuffed mushrooms.
Boursin Cheese-stuffed Mushrooms
- Large, fresh mushrooms (as many as you want to make)
- 6 oz. of boursin herb cheese spread (usually found in the refrigerated section with the fancy cheeses at the grocery)
- Melted butter to brush on mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Wash and de-stem mushrooms, brush lightly with butter
3. Spoon the cheese into the mushroom caps
4. Bake on a baking sheet at 450 for 15 min.
If you’re feeling especially fancy, you can finely chop the mushroom stems and add them and some Parmesan cheese to the boursin cheese and top with bread crumbs and butter and bake until lightly browned.
That’s all there is to it!
What are you taking to the Super Bowl party? Tell us in the comments below.