I was cleaning out the refrigerator yesterday, and I noticed I had some biscuits and some sausage that had just about outlived their usefulness, and I didn’t want to waste them. I wasn’t sure what to do with them (other than just making sausage and biscuits), and then I remembered muffin tin cooking is all the rage, so I thought I’d give it a shot.
I wasn’t sure what I was doing, but they actually turned out pretty well, so I thought I’d share.
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray
2. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk together
3. Flatten each biscuit into a larger flat circle and place into a cup in the prepared muffin tin. Press the dough into the bottom of each cup and up the sides.
4. Divide the sausage and cheese evenly into each cup
5. Divide the egg mixture evenly between each cup and carefully pour over sausage and cheese, but not too full.
Bake 15-20 minutes until biscuits are brown and eggs are set.
I was thinking these would be a good, quick breakfast during the week, but as it turns out, people have been eating them all day around here, so I guess they’re good any time?
I’d like to try some more things in the the muffin tin, do you have any favorite recipes?