Meeting Your Goals and Making New Ones

Categories: Uncategorized

One of my original goals was to fit into a bridesmaid dress for my brother’s wedding. Seeing as I was a size 16/18 when I started this journey in January, I was sure excited when the zipper went up on a Junior size 12/13 last weekend, which the saleslady said was the equivalent of an adult 10.

I’m not sure I believe her since my size 12 jeans are just comfy. So let’s just say I’m a 12.

Besides, I haven’t seen a size 10 or 12 since years before my second son was born.

Proud?

Looking to get to single digits?

Oh yes.

But I need a new goal - something tangible I can measure with time. October 11th is BlogHer Boston and I plan on carpooling with a few good friends, thanks to GM.

My goal?

Size 10 by October 10th.

But how?

Ditching the unhealthy snacks I’ve been grabbing since we moved and the start of school took over my life. Getting back to the gym since we moved and the start of school took over my life. Grabbing and hanging on to a new routine since we moved and the start of school took over my life.

You get the idea. It’s been a busy couple of weeks but I’m going to get back on track.

Think I can lose a size in a month without resorting to drastic tactics?

We’ll see!

In the meantime, check out the dress from the wedding! Squee!

Holding back tears as my kid brother says his vows.

Oh hello, crows feet.

The maid of honour had just made us all cry with her speech. But yay! I have collarbones again!

• [...] it full length but I know the photographer took some so I’ll get those asap. In the meantime, this will have to do. Posted by Karen Sugarpants @ 9:05 [...]

So um...do you want to see the dress?  |  September 4th, 2008 at 10:26 pm

• Well look at you, hot mama! If I was into chicks, you know, in that way, I’d totally date you. I’m not, so you’ll have to settle for a virtual, ‘I’m proud of you cyber hug,’ instead. Mmkay? Sex-aaaay!

Sassy  |  September 4th, 2008 at 10:36 pm

• You look terrific! Keep up the good work and keep posting on your efforts so they can continue to inspire the rest of us. (Trust me, I need it.)

Chris  |  September 5th, 2008 at 8:11 am

• You’re stunning Karen!!!

Ya, I am battling the bulge big time. I know I *just* had a baby and all, but it’s still depressing.

I have been contemplating joining the gym but I fear my lack of will power would make it more of a waste of money. LOL

I am also considering The Running Room since it’s a little cheaper.

sam {temptingmama}  |  September 5th, 2008 at 8:17 am

• Comgrats on reaching a goal. You look great and so happy!!!

Kim  |  September 5th, 2008 at 8:42 am

• RAUR, BABY! Just. RAUR.

Am still trying to wrangle damn money tree to get me airfare to London. MUST. RIDE.

XOXO

Mrs. Flinger  |  September 5th, 2008 at 11:51 am

• Aren’t collarbones just the most underrated accessories? LOL.

Lovely dress. I wouldn’t get too hung up on sizes since they seem to differ from store to store… seriously I went shopping ended up with sizes (and fitting) from an 8 to a 16. I reckon I’m a 12.

Nat  |  September 5th, 2008 at 3:05 pm