Serves 4 to 6
A simple buttermilk dressing is very refreshing and — while creamy — not too heavy, thanks to the buttermilk, which contrary to its name is very low in fat. You can add any other veggies to this salad, such as mushrooms, radishes, cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced cucumber, but it also nice as a simple plain lettuce salad. It’s nice with slightly spicy food, since the dressing is cooling.
- 8 cups shredded romaine, green leaf or Boston lettuce
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Place the lettuce in a large serving bowl.
2. In a small container with a lid, combine the buttermilk, sour cream, salt, olive oil, white wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, parley and pepper. Shake well, and pour over the lettuce. Toss to combine.
Subscribe to blog via RSS