Puppy chow is the the ultimate snack food. This recipe takes it to the next level by adding the crowd (and kid) pleasing ingredient: Nutella. Traditionally puppy chow is made with peanut butter, but there’s something about Nutella that makes this recipe even better than the original. No, it’s not necessarily a healthy snack, but it could definitely be a special treat you surprise your kid with after their soccer practice or dance lessons. A little something sweet never hurt anyone right? Just beware, this snack has a tendency to be very addicting. Before you know it, you’re licking the bottom of the bowl and contemplating abandoning all manners and going after your fingers next!
We would judge you, but we can’t. Puppy chow is just that good.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1 C. Nutella
- 3/4 C. chocolate chips
- 3/4 C. white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts (optional)
- 13 C. Chex cereal
- 3 C. powdered sugar
- In a pan, melt the butter, chocolate, and white chocolate.
- When melted, remove from heat and add Nutella and stir until mixed.
- Slowly pour over cereal and use your hands to mix.
- Put the cereal into a gallon size bag and pour in powdered sugar.
- Zip up the bag and shake until the cereal is coated.
Subscribe to blog via RSS