Meatloaf recipes have been passed down through generations as a family staple. They have evolved over the years…for instance we love this Smoked Gouda Turkey Meatloaf recipe. But how about a quick and portable meatloaf? For the busy mom this is basically a slam dunk.
Meatloaf muffins are a easy and quick meal that takes little preparation and cooking time. In fact, these meaty muffins can serve your whole family without much bother in the kitchen.
For a dozen of these meaty muffins you’ll need:
- 2 pound of ground sirloin (can use ground turkey a healthy substitute)
- 1 onion diced into small chunks
- 2 celery stalks cut into small pieces
- 1 red or green pepper cut into small chunks
- 1 egg beaten with a slash of cream or whole milk
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- A pinch of salt & pepper, and a dash of olive oil
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
Place the beef into a large bowl and fold in the other ingredients. Then scoop the mixture onto a well-greased muffin tin that has about 12 1/2 inch muffin spaces. Bake the mixture at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes and a small amount of extra tomato sauce on top. Freeze these puppies for the perfect lunch to pack for your kids throughout the week.
Subscribe to blog via RSS