Zucchini is a vegetable packed with essential protein and fiber, and what better way to sneak it into your diet than through a delicious pasta? This simple Zucchini Pasta recipe, calls for a few basic ingredients and cooks in under 20 minutes. Healthy and quick? You couldn’t ask for a better dinner dish! Check out these easy instructions on how to make one of our favorite new recipes.
First you’ll need a few things:
- One pound of sliced zucchini. Summer squash can be substituted
- One crushed garlic clove and four or five basil leaves
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- One pound of angel hair pasta. Any type of pasta is okay, while fresh is best for this dish.
- A dash of salt and pepper
- ½ C of grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot to boil and cook your pasta. Slice the zucchini by hand while waiting for the pasta to fully cook. Cook zucchini and let it simmer for about 10 minutes with a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. After the pasta is cooked, add the cooked zucchini or summer squash. Mix the pasta with zucchini and let it simmer over low heat, adding the fresh basil. Then, serve.
This recipe is pure vegan but you can also add Parmesan for an extra dash of flavor. With a side of French or Italian bread and a side salad, this recipe will certainly fill you and your family up and makes a great leftover lunch for work the next day!
Subscribe to blog via RSS