Treat your family to this sweet and savory classic monkey bread recipe. This recipe is simple and your family will surely thank you, especially the little ones. The monkey bread is great for a sweet breakfast or after dinner desert. Either way, it’s sure to be a hit!
What you’ll need:
- 3 packages of refrigerated biscuit dough (each should be 12 ounces)
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 C of white sugar
- ½ C of margarine
- 1 C of packed brown sugar
- ½ C of raisins
- ½ C chopped walnuts (this is purely optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius. Grease one tube pan that is 9-10 inches.
2. In a plastic bag, mix the cinnamon and white sugar. Cut up the biscuits into quarters and shake between 6 and 8 pieces of biscuit in the cinnamon and sugar mix. Arrange the pieces of biscuits in the bottom of the greased pan. Repeat this step until all the biscuits have a coating of the cinnamon and sugar mix and place them in the tube pan. Arrange the raisins in and among the pieces of biscuit as you go along and do the same with the walnuts if you choose to use them.
3. Over medium heat, melt the brown sugar and margarine in a small saucepan. Leave it on medium heat for a minute and then pour it over the biscuits.
4. Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the monkey bread cool for 10 minutes in the pan, and then turn it out on a plate. No knife is necessary as the bread simply pulls apart.
Subscribe to blog via RSS