with Susan Wagner
The Working Closet is your source for the best of what's hip and fresh in fashion and beauty. Susan Wagner keeps you up-to-date on trends and offers tips and tricks for making everything in your closet truly work for you.
You can also catch Susan over at Working Closet.
If I had to choose one piece of attire that has completely infiltrated my brain this season, it would most definitely be the sweater dress. I adore the versatility of sweater dresses; in fact, let me count the reasons for you.
1. You can dress them up - add opaque tights, patent Mary Jane pumps and pearls.
2. You can dress them down - add a bohemian scarf and ballet flats.
3. You can wear as a tunic - the shorter shifts look amazing with skinny jeans or wide-leg trousers.
4. Show some leg without really showing leg - you can feel more comfortable wearing shorter sweater dresses knowing that seasonal tights can cover bare legs.
5. A belt changes the silhouette completely - by adding one of this season’s highly coveted wide belts, you can totally change the shape of the dress while accenting your waist.
6. The perfect complement to boots - those highly-coveted riding boots in your closet would look fabulous with a sweater dress, I promise.
Sweater dresses are a fantastic cold weather staple, and if you haven’t noticed, are popping up all over the place. Here are some chic options for this season.
Subscribe to blog via RSS