with Susan Wagner
The Working Closet is your source for the best of what's hip and fresh in fashion and beauty. Susan Wagner keeps you up-to-date on trends and offers tips and tricks for making everything in your closet truly work for you.
You can also catch Susan over at Working Closet.
It’s June! Summer is here! (Can you believe it?) It’s time to break out our darling new sandals and flip flops, but ladies, let’s make a pact. Let’s make sure our feet are in tip-top shape, okay? Honestly, I don’t think there is anything worse than glancing at someone’s gnarly toes. GROSS.
Professional pedicures are quite fab, but given the economy, some of you might be cutting that luxury out of the budget. Lucky for us, InStyle Magazine featured a great piece on the best ways to beautify your feet on your own in their June issue. Take a look!
1. Make a fresh start - If your toenails are looking a little yellow from last month’s ruby red polish, try scrubbing discolored nails with a tablespoon of Clorox diluted in a cup of water.
2. Be creative - With all of the amazing sandals out there, choose polish colors that will accent your favorites. Neutral tones with embellished sandals, daring tones with conservative ones and according to Ji Baek, owner of Rescue Beauty Lounge in New York City, “coral goes with anything!”
3. Stay in tip-top shape - Swipe an extra coat of polish across the ends of each nail since the tips are generally the first to peel.
4. Foot facials - Use facial scrubs and peels on your feet to help remove stubborn calluses.
5. Allot enough time - Dark shades take almost twice as long to dry than lighter ones, so if you are in a hurry, reach for a baby pink polish before darting out the door.
6. Get strap happy - To break in new sandals, wear them around your house with thick socks. Down with summer sandal blisters!
7. Say hello to matte shades - It’s the hottest look for the summer! Simply use your base coat as a top coat to remove the shine from your polish. InStyle swears this trend is going to be huge.
8. Paint outside the lines - Paint your toes haphazardly at night and peel off the paint around your skin while in the shower the next morning. Quite a time saver!
9. Do a clean sweep - Keep cleansing towelettes in your purse for those days out and about on grimy city sidewalks.
10. Spot correct - To repair chips and nicks, smooth the ragged edges with a buffer and fill the dent with polish. Wait a minute for it to dry, then paint entire nail with another coat.
Subscribe to blog via RSS