I'm Leah, and in a lucky twist of fate, I've landed my three dream jobs:
book editor, writer, and mother. Since having my son in December 2008, my
work-life has been in constant flux - full-time? part-time? freelance?
working at home or in the office? It depends on the day and which way the
wind is blowing - and figuring out how to keep it all going is a constant
challenge. Heck, I'm still getting used to the idea of being someone's
Check out my profile on Work It, Mom! and my personal blog, A Girl and a Boy.
A basic list of responsibilities might look like this:
- make flight and hotel arrangements
- make appointments of any (every!) kind
- do anything involving talking on the phone, actually
- pay bills
- clean spam out of my inboxes
- clean spam* out of my fridge (*forgotten leftovers)
- go grocery shopping
- load the dishwasher (I don’t mind unloading)
- clean the bathroom
- do our taxes
- keep track of my Groupon-type purchases before they expire
- remind me to send birthday/anniversary/thank you cards
- cook dinner and clean up afterward
Sounds like what I need is an assistant AND a housekeeper AND an accountant AND a personal chef. And someone to rearrange my brain so I’d actually loosen my grip and allow these people to help me out.
What would you delegate?
Subscribe to blog via RSS