There are so many things that make working from home better for me than working in a remote office, but during this pregnancy I’ve found myself missing some things I enjoyed while I was an in-house employee during my first pregnancy:
- singing to the baby during my solo car commute
- wearing my cutest maternity clothes instead of my loungiest, schlubbiest ones
- fielding questions from curious coworkers
- getting at least a little exercise every day, even if it’s just going up and down the stairs between my desk and the copier
- not having constant access to an entire pantry of bad-for-me food
- office drama!
Stuff I don’t miss? The list is strikingly similar:
- the excruciating drive home during the third trimester, when my ribs felt ready to crack open
- the hassle of finding a cute maternity outfit every. single. day.
- fielding awkward/invasive questions from curious coworkers
- not having constant access to an entire pantry full of yummy food
- missing out on the cocktail part of after-hours cocktail receptions
- the privacy of my own bathroom, and never having to wait in line
- office drama! (OMG)
Did you work in an office while you were pregnant? What did you love about it? What did you hate?