Clean Up Your Digital Dirt
As more and more employers look online to learn about potential
candidates, learning what they will find if they "Google" you is a key
aspect of the job hunt!
I’ve written before
about the dangers of mixing too much personal information in your
online profile that potential employers will find if they search online.
- 31% lied about qualifications
- 24% were linked to criminal behavior
- 19% bad-mouthed their former company
- 19% boasted about drinking and doing drugs
- 15% shared confidential information from former employers
- 11% posted provocative photographs
- 8% used an unprofessional screen name
- Reputation Defender: Find out everything that’s being said about you online and get rid of the content you don’t like.
- Search Engine Reputation Management (SERM) - Displace - push down - the negative listings with favorable ones and ones that you can control or influence.
- DefendMyName - Suppress negative Search Engine Listings about you or your company.
These resources may be useful, but you don’t want to be in the
position of worrying about whether or not unsavory pictures or trash
talking could have cost you an interview or a job. Be careful what you
put online and you’ll never have to find out how well or quickly these