Motivation and Weight Loss are frequently written about.
It’s gotten a lot of press most likely because motivation is the “acid test” of being able to maintain a regular and healthy physical fitness routine.
Today, I’m writing my own personal thoughts about one way I stay motivated.
Sometimes when I need additional motivation to do or not to do certain things—like when I’m looking at a large piece of cake--I ask myself various questions.
So for today’s Thursday’s Thirteen, I’m listing those questions I frequently ask myself for motivation:
1. Do I want to be sexier for my mate?
2. Do I really have to purchase 2 airline seats?
3. Why can’t I find any clothes to fit at a “regular” store?
4. Am I really a “Plus” size?
5. There really isn’t a pill that I can take to lose weight?
6. I’d rather sleep in than go to the gym, I deserve it because….?
7. Can I have this ring resized?
8. Am I really hungry or does this cake just look good?
9. Do I really want to ruin a great day with an unhealthy snack?
10. How much is that extra serving going to cost me in exercise?
11. How many floors? Can I take the elevator?
12. I’ll start to get serious about my nutrition starting tomorrow, ok?
13. Am I too old to learn new fitness routines?
These are personal questions that I ask myself to keep me motivated, and they may not work for everybody but they do work for me.
What questions work for you? Do you have a different idea of motivation? I’m interested in your ideas, because
After all, it’s about a healthy lifestyle!