The Beginner's Guide to Shopping Retail - Meet the Cast
The Photo Technition - I am the one working in the photo lab. Here are some things you may want to know about me:
- Yes, I see all your pictures, even the nudie ones.
- No, I cannot copy that picture that was taken an Olan Mills, it's against the law, you will have to talk to them.
- I know it says "One Hour", but there are 10 orders ahead of you, the machine can only go so fast.
The Assistant Manager - Chances are, if you ask to speak to a manager, you will see me. Here are a few things about me:
- I am generally very young. I know that.
- Please don't tell me I am not a "real" manager. I may not be the store manager, but I am the best you are going to get, especially on a night or weekend. The Store Manager trusts me to run the store in his/her absence, I have almost as much athourity as they do.
- I am exhausted. No matter what, my mornings are early and my nights are late, that's the nature of my job. I know it's not your fault, but please try to be understanding.
- I am a person too. Please don't scream at me, threaten me or try to get in my face. I can only do so much.
The Store Manager - I am the highest up you will get at the store level. Here are a few things about me:
- Please don't assume that I am a man. Sometimes I am, but I am often a woman.
- I don't always have all the answers, sometimes I will have to hint for it for you.
- They don't always tell us what is going on at the store level, please be patient if I don't know 100% what is going on.