Contributing to the Family Movement
Helping our Cause, Helping Others, Helping Yourself
Have you heard? There is a movement sweeping across the nation, and it’s being spearheaded by the Moms and Dads in your community. Family businesses account for a staggering 50% of the gross domestic product. This data suggests that the real competition for big business these days is the small businesses being run by mom and pop. If there was a ever a real chance to regain control of the economy and redistribute the wealth evenly, it now.
But what can you do about it?
If you are a parent who owns a small business, here are some suggestions:
- Get Personal. Tell your customers that you are a parent with kids and what getting their business would mean to you and your family. People are emotional about their money and who they give it to. If they know their purchase means more baby formula for you, they may not hesitate to click the “purchase now” button.
- Make an effort to support others like you. Make a list of things that you buy on a regular basis, for your home and for your business. Go to the OurMilkMoney.com business directory and find a parent who is selling the products that you need. When you connect with another parent, make sure they know what products and/or services you offer as well.
- Gush. Gush. Gush. If it’s working, tell other parents about it. Tell your customers about it. Tell US about it.
- Get Involved. With 2 forums and a free classifieds section, you hardly have an excuse not to connect and get your name out there.
- Take advantage. You’ve paid your annual membership dues, now let us help promote you. Request a new spotlight interview, donate one of your products for a free giveaway, or write an article that makes you an expert on your business.