Group Discussions

Vampire hours

Subscribe
  • Oh dear. I get up... later than 8 a.m. Unless it's the school year and I have to get up and take my kids to school.

On the other hand, I often see what the world looks like at 2:00 a.m.

Am I the only one who keeps vampire's hours?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jen Creer on 19th June 2007
  • I WISH I could wake up at 8 - my daughter is up way before then. I get up around 6 or so, try to go to the gym or for a walk. At night, if I am in bed before midnight, it's big win for the day. So can we call this semi-vampire hours?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 19th June 2007
  • Yes, you can be a semi-vampire.

I think you must do better than I do on very little sleep. My problem seems to be that I either need a lot of sleep, or I end up with terrible insomnia.

I would love only to need 6 hours of sleep a night. Then I would have more time for things like painting or hobbies-- but as it is, I have a set of unopened paints in my studio, and I think about them when I take naps.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jen Creer on 19th June 2007
  • Soooooo not a vampire. I'm in bed - and usually sound asleep - by 10 p.m. Up at 5:30 or 6:00 - and no alarm clock.

I love, love, love that quiet couple of hours in the morning. Keeps me sane.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MaryP on 13th July 2007
  • Weighing in here WEEKS later than the original post. Heh.

But you KNOW I keep vampire hours. Of course, my child no longer lives at home and my work is totally voluntary and on my own terms...

So, I'm building a website now and my type A personality is freaking out completely because I want it to be totally perfect or nobody can see it. Doesn't work for a business if it never goes live, eh? Guess I better get over it already.

Think I'll be on vampire hours tonight putting it together. Wish me luck.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Keri on 19th August 2007
  • Keri,

What is your website for? About?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jen Creer on 19th August 2007
  • I used to keep vampire hours, but now that Ell's here, I'm lucky is I see 11 p.m.! We're up with the sun.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by elliottsmomma on 29th August 2007

Add a Reply