Group Discussions

What type of business do you have?

Subscribe
  • Hi all,

My name is Lisa and this is actually my third business! I am the owner of Creative Writing Studios, a copywriting service for Work-At-Home and Small Businesses. My main focus is to help WAHM and small businesses polish their websites, have their ads and press releases professionally written all at affordable prices! CWS is relatively new since my website has only been up a month. I've been doing work all along for clients, though. I'm really hoping for some great growth in 2008!

I'm the Mom of 3, ages 8, 4 and nearly 2. We live in WI. Before, I ran a very small (hobby) gift basket business ( that's how I got the work for myself bug!), and am still the owner of Horse*itZ.com, a website for little girls who love horses.

I hope to sell Horse*itz soon so I can focus all of my attention on CWS.

Thanks so much!

Lisa
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by LisaO on 22nd December 2007
  • Hello, everyone,

This is my first day on Work it, Mom, so I decided to jump in with both feet. I was a stay-at-home Mom when it was fashionable, before the advent of computer home-based business. Now, for the most part, I'm an empty-nester who is pursuing her passion of helping people lose weight via an online software program and social network. Iowa Avenue, a dynamic community connects people in a meaningful way for a meaningful purpose, offers individual blogs, an on-staff dietitian, groups, and a wiki for everyone interested in weight loss and weight management. I'm just starting, but things are definately moving in the right direction.

Have a look and give me some feedback. Inquiring minds want to know.................
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by IAAdmin on 25th December 2007
  • What great businesses you all have! I'm amazed at the creativity!

I own a life and career coaching practice called Nexus Coaching Partners (www.nexuscoachingpartners.com). I specalize in working with work/life balance issues and career transition issues. I am very passionate about helping people live the life they desire. This business was the result of my own career transition - I was laid off from my accounting job and knew I didn't want another accounting job. After extensive soul searching, I decided I wanted to help people that wanted more out of life.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by April Mims, Career Coach on 25th December 2007
  • Hi ladies,

I love work it mom! Great place to connect.

I started www.mykidsregistry.com a few months ago. It is a kids wishlist community. A place for parents to tell family and friends what to buy their kids without feeling uncomfortable.

Since I am so new to this I am always open to opinions and advice.

Not happy with the current design of my website but working on trying to make it better.

My last positon two years ago was Director of Design and Merchandising for Cole Haan/GSeries handbags in NYC. Great job but very difficult traveling to Asia twice a year for 10 days at a time. I hated leaving my son. I was granted flex time hours after 6 months but then received lots of stares...not good.

Take Care and I will be visiting some of the sites posted. It is sooooooo nice to see so many moms taking control and going for it! Best of luck to all of you.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 29th December 2007
  • GREYTABBY.com - I LOVE YOUR SHOES!!!! ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE. I will pass the site on to my fellow shoe freaks!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 29th December 2007
  • I own a Denver-based Toy Company - RC Art Toys. I have recently launched my first product, the Color Bug. The Color Bug is a radio-controlled art toy which allows children to create by snapping a washable marker into a ladybug-shapped rc toy then with a controller, they are able to steer the toy on the drawing surface. It's been an exciting year with some great initial media exposure including a spot on Oprah's Next Big Idea show.

In 2008, I plan to expand the line and keep moving ahead. You can read more at www.rcarttoys.com
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by rctoys on 4th January 2008
  • I was hoping to teach part time (so we'd have money for the fun stuff), be a full time mom and pursue writing a book about the area we moved to. Unfortunately, the best layed plans don't always work out. Teaching was impacted, so I have had to substitute--which is hit or miss, so finances are tighter than we hoped....

no book yet, but instead I ended up starting a local website resource for moms in the Inland Northwest. It's called www.SpokaneMama.com. The business is growing quickly. After only 8 months in existence I already have 94,000 hits and 3,000 unique visitors per month!

I'm learning a lot about a website business, marketing, public relations....and how to work in my pajamas till noon!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by SpokaneMama on 5th January 2008
  • My business is Anne Dillon Photgraphy.

An on-location portrait business that serves the Kansas City Metro Area.

Can't wait to go check out some of your websites!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Anne Dillon on 7th January 2008
  • I have been a kindergarten teacher and professional development coach for teachers during the last 15 years.

Throughout the last seven years, learning standards have been increasing and students arriving in our kindergartens are coming less prepared (or ready) for the level of learning required. Today's kindergartens are like yesteryear's first (and in some states second)grades. Children are reading and writing stories when leaving kindergarten, therefore, requirements for entering kindergarten are higher.

However, no one has really told the parents about this change. The No Child Left Behind federal law was the beginning of this maddening trend. To share all of the secrets of how children learn from birth, I have developed a 15 minute a day learning program for parents to follow to ensure success in school and life. We have had Beta members using our program for the last 6 months. These members have given us lots of good feedback and we will continue to change our program as member needs change.

Anyway, check out my website - www.wigglegigglelearn.com. We will send our grand opening press release on January 10, 2008.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by ONEsie on 7th January 2008
  • Hello,

I own an online shoe store that sell name brand shoes at affordable prices.

www.TheShuLady.com

and I am event planner that coordinates weddings and special events.

www.BeginningTwoEnd.com
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by The Shu Lady on 8th January 2008

Add a Reply