Group Discussions

What type of business do you have?

Subscribe
  • I am just catching up from the holiday retail season I am the co-founder and CFO of an kids online travel store called Little Jet Set (http://www.littlejetset.com). We sell over 500 well-researched and award-winning products that are specifically designed or appropriately packaged for travel. We launched in June 2007 to favorable response. We are now in the midst of researching marketing options specific to online retail. If any of you have any insights or feedback, I would greatly appreciate the information. Happy New Year!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by 665WoodMom on 8th January 2008
  • www.dandilyons.com is a poster company. I receive children's artwork and create posters that are frame-ready. The goal is to be able to quit teaching, even though I love it, and run my business from home. I'm only doing this part-time at the moment. The challenge has been marketing on a shoe-string budget. Suggestions are welcome!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by DandiK on 13th January 2008
  • Hello,

First I want to say that I am so glad I found this website, such amazing women here

I was a SAHM for 7 years and 6 months ago my husband quit his six figure job so we could start a business venture together. We started a healthcare recruiting company and our focus is the recruitment and permanent placement of physicians and physician assistants in hospitals and private practices in the Midwest. Someday we may go national, but for now with just the two of us we are focusing on our area of the country. Things are going very well and we have made several placements already. I am sort of the "silent partner" of the business and handle the behind the scenes functions where as he does all the interacting with our clients and physicians. I want this to change though, I just have to get out of my shell a little bit. It is tough being a SAHM for so many years and then having to turn into a professional again overnight!

We also have a second business, an outdoor advertising company (billboards) that we have had for 10 years that was sort of a side job for our family, which allowed me to stay home with the kids all those years. A couple of years ago we also added web design and hosting to our services and I do a little of that on the side as well.

Yes, we are busy!!

Candi
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Candisueg on 29th January 2008
  • Hi!

I'm a Virtual Assistant and I'm new to Work it Mom! Thanks to everyone for being so friendly. I just recently started my business www.keepuonthego.com. I provide administative office services for anyone who needs an assistant, but doesn't want to hire an employee. I also provide medical staff credentialing services and transcription services to doctors' offices and hospitals. Hopefully, I can work totally from home soon.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by On the Go Mom on 30th January 2008
  • Hello Ladies,

This is my first day here. Loving it so far My business is called www.skinlikebutter.com I know there are millions of bath and body companies, but what makes mine different is the amount of shea oil we use. Mothers write me telling me how well it works on their kids with eczema. The best part is that it provides extra money to people. You just tell people about our product, which happens anyway, and you get 25% of the sale. No meetings, no shipping, no shows. Just tell people about our product, send them to the website, and you get paid immediately through PayPal.

My dream is to help to revolutionize the "income" system. It seems unless you have a job or a business there isn't a way for you to have income. That system has left us with a government that thinks the only way to stimulate the economy is to spend $150 billion to give people $300, and tell them to spend it. So after they spend it then what? The way I've designed my business it's designed to give people an extra $500 a month. I know it's not a lot, but it's $500 they didn't have to spend time(which is so precious) or money to create.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MilansMom on 30th January 2008
  • Hello all!

I have been in business for over 10 years with my children's clothing line but just recently launched an internet version. PLEASE visit it and GIVE ME FEEDBACK (lol) so I can make improvements if necessary. It's moms like you who I do this for

Thanks so much,

Brooke Stockton

www.krayonsandkradles.com
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by www.krayons-and-kradles.com on 30th January 2008
  • Although I work full time at a TV Studio, I started my own side business a few years ago.

I make Teddy Bears and Blankets out of YOUR CHILDS CLOTHING.

www.bearlygrown.com

The idea has really taken off! While it doesnt pay the bills, it is a great creative way to run my own company.

Very fun !

Hope you like them.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by DebR on 30th January 2008
  • Hi there!

My name is Maria, and I left my horseshoeing business to come to Germany as my husband is in the military. Around 9 months later, we had our first son. I had such positive response from the baby announcement that I made for him, that I decided to offer my services to the moms over here. I have since partnered with a professional photo lab in the States, which enables me to provide my services to anyone in North America, as well as military stationed overseas. My annoucements are custom designed around any number of provided photos, and are classy and trendy at the same time. Please feel free to visit my website www.mommamias.org
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mommamia on 2nd February 2008
  • Hey Ladies,

I quit my 10 year career with the post office to work full time from home as an independent dealer for EcoQuest International. We treat the air people breath, helping them live better, healthier lives. We specialize in sick building syndrome and own activepure technology that is used by NASA. With the growing number of problems related to air pollution, allergies, depression and fatigue, this company provides a huge -and ever growing- market.

I am so happy to working from home, spending more time with my kids and husband, I will never go back to a -job-, which by the way stands for just over broke. Time and financial freedom is a possibility for me and my family now, and I applaud all you women who are doing the same! You Rock!

www.tryecoquest.com/bcarney
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Buffy on 5th February 2008
  • My business partner and I just spent a few days at NYIGF researching new products for our children's online travel store called Little Jet Set (http://www.littlejetset.com). Our mission is to make family travel easy, fun and educational. We carry over 500 products, including award-winning luggage, toys, games, and puzzles. After launching our site in June 2007 and working out the kinks, we are now focused on marketing efforts. If you any of have great tips on increasing site traffic, I would appreciate your comments. Take care.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by 665WoodMom on 5th February 2008

Add a Reply