Group Discussions

Simple recipes?

Subscribe
  • Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken I use a baked chicken and pull off the meat after I boil it. I use the chicken stock for later. (I freeze it )

2 already made pie crusts in a roll

frozen/fresh/canned mixed veggies I save my left overs in a container in the freezer. When the conatiner is full of left over veggies I make this or soup.

1/2 can of cream of celery soup or whole can if you are feeding alot of people

1/2 can of cream of chicken soup

I put the chicken/veggies and soup in a pan and warm

Place the first pie crust into baking dish and place in the oven until slightly tan

take from oven, pour mixture into pan...............take 2nd pie crust and place on top. Place back in oven until pie crust is done.

Great for a cool night!

Sometimes I buy turkey legs if I don't have a turkey breast or whole turkey.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on 17th September 2007
  • Crab Soup

2 bags veggies

1 can disced tomatoes

celery

potatoes

onions

tbsp beef stock

old bay seasoning

pepper

crabs steamed and picked...............throw crab legs in for mmmm flavor
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on Tuesday
  • Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Tomatoe Soup is always a favorite.

Then there's "Shell Soup"

Warm up one of those big cans of Tomatoe Juice in a pot. (like V8...there are cheaper brands too.)

Add your cooked noodles and anything else you'd like. (You can use any type of noodles, we prefer the ones that look like shells.)

We typically throw in some ground beef, peas, corn, kidney beans, or anything else we've got. Don't forget the salt and pepper and you've got a yummy quick and easy meal.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by elisehappymom on 7th December 2007
  • All sorts of great recipes to try!

Here is a link to Mark Bittman's list of 101 quick summer main courses. Each should take about 10 minutes to put together and cook. They're not so much recipes as starting points but they're easy to follow. They're also not all vegetarian but there's lots of variety. And even if you only like 1/4 of the ideas here, that's almost a month's worth of cooking with no repeats.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/18/dining/18mini.ht ml?ex=1342411200&en=44fa45164cd22b02&ei=5090

This summer I discovered the broiler and two of my favorites were tortillas with refried beans and cheese and French or Italian bread with tuna salad and cheese.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jenns on 8th December 2007
  • You did say Quick, right? I just posted on my blog a few days ago with my favorite Speedy Dinners. All of them can be done in 30 minutes or less!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jennifer Tankersley on 26th February 2008
  • Here is a great Vegetarian recipe

This is so easy, preheat the oven to 400.
    I chop eggplant,red pepper, green pepper, onion, potatoes, zuchinni and squash. Drizzle olive oil on top and herbs de provence. Cook for about 25-30 min and enjoy..sometimes I will make a bed of rice to put this onto.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by tiffany on 19th September 2008
  • OK - this is the quickest and easiest (and cheapest) recipe I know (and kid-friendly). I'll post another, more gourmet recipe later. This is a more healthy (although salt-laden) alternative to macaroni and cheese:

8 oz uncooked elbow macaroni (Mueller's makes a box in this size)
    2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes (semi-drained)
    Pepper to taste
    4 oz of Velveeta, diced (I've tried many cheeses, this one works the best)

Boil the macaroni in a large saucepan according to package directions. While it is draining, return the pan to the stovetop.

Add the tomatoes and pepper. Bring to boil and simmer for about 3 minutes.

Add the macaroni back into the pan and mix all together.

Turn heat off (keep pan on stove) and add the Velveeta. Stir until melted.

Take the pan off the heat and let sit for awhile (the longer this sits, the more the pasta can absorb the sauce).

Serve with a salad.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 19th September 2008

Add a Reply