Group Discussions

T-Tapp?

Subscribe
  • Has anyone done TTapp? I have the instructional and rehab tapes and just bought the skin brushing system and the Hit the Floor workout.

When I was doing this regularly (before this last baby) I lost a few inches. Since this time I have had a hard time doing anything consistently. But I am making an effort to stick to this system for a good 8 weeks in hopes of fitting in my winter clothes.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by amanda on 29th August 2007
  • I've never even heard of it! Let us know if you try it and like it! I'm always looking for something new to add to the routine.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KathyHowe on 29th August 2007
  • Inches? You lost inches? I want to hear more about it too!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jen Creer on 29th August 2007
  • I don't remember how many inches I lost last summer. I was doing it pretty consistently, and I was pretty thin when I started. I got pregnant right after, and then we moved, and well, it all fell apart.

I started doing it again about 6 weeks postpartum this time, but consistency is not my strong point with 3 kids under 5. I am trying again, and I got in 3 workouts last week, and 2 so far this week. I have lost about half the inches I gained during pregnancy, but I am also 6 months out, so I should have, since I am comparing to my 6 week measurements.

It all sounds kind of kooky, but I think it works. The idea is that you put yourself in alignment, concentrating on your core muscles and do the exercises in a very specific way. You don't really diet, and it isn't stressful on your joints. The website probably explains it better. I did the Hit The Floor last night, and I am sore in my abs. I also started the skin brushing, and whether it does anything or not, it feels great. Go read about it.

www.ttapp.com

Let me what you think, and I will keep you updated on my progress.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by amanda on 29th August 2007
  • OK, I measured today, and I am pretty happy with the results.

The scale is still up about 10 lbs from where I was when I was at my smallest recorded measurements. However, since the end of July, I am down 3 inches. I am now smaller in each leg than I was then (don't know how). I have 1.5 inches to go in my hips and waist and bust (but I am nursing, so fat chance there), and a 1/2 inch in my tummy. Isn't it amazing that 1/2 inch is the difference in 2 pants sizes, for me?

I plan to stick at a pace of every other day for another 2 weeks and measure again.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by amanda on 31st August 2007
  • I have it and have done it.

The good: it really makes my back feel good and keep stiffness and pain in check

The bad: OMG it is BORING. I can't do it daily or even every other day for more than a week. I also think the DVDs are not well done. They look cheap (though I understand its a small cmpany with a small budget..).

I've toned up a bit from it but I don't find it does everything as promised. It's a nice compliment to a well rounded fitness program.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Trudi Evans on 5th September 2007
  • I agree that it can get boring. I try and do different DVDs/tapes on different days for the variety. I think tha tit realy targets my problem areas (tummy/waist) and that is why it is useful. Plus, I am very short torso-ed, and it is helpful with that. I do other things too, for exercise, and I do agree that it is a good compliment to other stuff. So far, though, so god.

And the biggest plus for me - I can do it at home, with no extra stuff and can start and stop as I need to - which is essential with 3 kids!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by amanda on 5th September 2007

Add a Reply