Group Discussions

What time of the day do you exercise?

Subscribe
  • I was doing it immediately after work, but the last month or so I've been trying it before work, which means I leave home at 6:40 and get back no later than 7:45. (Which means no cool-down stretching, BAD, but I figure if I walk home briskly and swing my arms a lot, that'll do. Right?) Morning suits my temperament and internal clock better, but I know it's going to be VERY difficult to force myself out of the house that early when it's freezing cold and dark. (Course, it'll be freezing cold and dark after work, too. Ugh. I do hate the darkness of winter...)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MaryP on 9th September 2007
  • 8 am right after I drop kids off - Tuesday & thursday - weight training

6am - Wednesday - extreme work out

9am - Monday - i climb at the gym

Friday I try do an aerobic tape at home 8am
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by fhhc on 9th September 2007
  • Definitely in the mornings for me... i just have more energy and it really motivates and energizes me for the day! I also started doing yoga - i usually do that after work once or twice a week.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Victoria on 21st September 2007
  • Holy crap, I feel totally lazy in comparison to some of you ladies! I do my workouts in the evening after the munchkin goes to sleep.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by The Tattooed Mommie on 25th September 2007
  • I wish I were disciplined and had a set work out and time that I did said workout. For me working out is carrying the baby....up and down and up and down the hall...
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 25th September 2007
  • I wish I could work out in the morning. I used to "pre-kids". Now I usually work out after the kids go to bed at 8:00 PM or so. I've been doing it since early July. I feel stronger and more energetic... and I've lost 15 lbs so far (No dieting!). Hip! Hip! Hooray!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 27th September 2007
  • Sumenal - wow, that's awesome!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 27th September 2007
  • My gym provides day care so I pick my kids up from school after I get off work and then we all head to the gym. My hubby meets us there and we work out while the kids play in the play room. They we all head home and eat dinner together. It is a PERFECT situation for my family. I feel so lucky!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by apple_mama on 5th March 2009
  • I am grappling with my time too - usually in the evenings if i can even motivate myself then
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by daisygirl48161 on 20th November 2009

Add a Reply