Group Discussions

MOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subscribe
  • EEK! I just looked at the clock and realized that aside from getting up for bio breaks and to grab lunch from the fridge, I haven't left my desk to MOVE since I got here at 8:30 AM.

I am off to take a quick 10 minute walk! Have YOU moved today!?!?!?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KathyHowe on 4th September 2007
  • I try to go for a quick walk in the middle of the day - I do this about 1/2 the time, and often do a call while I am out there, but boy, does it help. Good reminder!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 7th September 2007
  • basically i drink a huge bottle of water that then forces me to walk way down the hall to the bathroom. yup. that's it! Well until lunch, maybe i can talk my techie buddies to WALK (oh no! not the sun!) to lunch!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 7th September 2007
  • I actually need a reminder not only to walk but to drink water as well! And i have a ton of water bottles under my desk to remind me to drink more.... doesn't seem to work...
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Victoria on 12th September 2007
  • My job insists that I get out of the house daily. Yesterday, we ran errands: I was on my feet, pushing a four-seater stroller for two hours. Today we will go to the park.

Hmmm... I'm realizing that I'm going to have to get other patterns into my life as I make the career switch to the much more sedentary one I crave. (I don't crave it, BTW, because it's sedentary. That just occurred to me. Damn! I've just pared my ass down to size!)

Thanks for the heads-up, Kathy!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MaryP on 14th September 2007
  • A coworker and I used to take fresh air breaks. We figured if the smokers could dash outside for a 10 minute cigarette, we could take a 10 minute walk around the parking lot. Not exactly scenic, but a nice break to the day.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jenns on Wednesday
  • Ever since I originally posted this I have made a point of getting up and going for a ten minute walk outside every day just to get away from my desk for a bit. We have a nice park near my office and the weather (with the exception of today) has been wonderful. In addition I have been trying to get up to go talk to people more instead of pinging them with IM's all day. Movement is GOOD.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KathyHowe on Wednesday
  • That's probably the best thing I've heard in a while. I used to walk during lunch but then I found myself not being able to get my errands done. So now, I've decided to use my 2 15 minute breaks to do some laps around the building.

I did that today and recognized just how much that little movement helps, it clears your head and lets you destress, if only for a moment.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by The Tattooed Mommie on 25th September 2007
  • brilliant! but i am lazy. i DID make myself go outside for lunch - and i always take the stairs in the garage. it's odd. i will climb 3 flights of garage stairs, but not the stairs in my office building. i dont know why! but it's good to move
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 25th September 2007

Add a Reply