Group Discussions

Help!!! Wedding Anniversary!

Subscribe
  • What’s the protocol? Who gets gifts? Do we each give each other a gift? Any specific gifts? Thanks!!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Victoria on 7th September 2007
  • First wedding anniversary? yes, usually you at LEAST try to carve out some special quality time with one another. however, gifts are generally a 'yes'. There is a list of theme per year - i believe the first year is paper. Hubby had our wedding invitation framed for our first anniversary! awwwwwwww
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 7th September 2007
  • Thanks Kate! What did you give him?
  • LOL i was trying to think of it and i can't remember! isnt that terrible? some years are easier than others. maybe i bought him dinner using cash? ha! you can get creative... actually www.thenest.com has some interesting ideas (you have to create a site, it's the 'next step' after www.theknot.com has you all married off!)

let us know what you end up getting for him!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 7th September 2007
  • Thanks! What a headache!
  • We were tight on cash this year (for our first wedding anniversary), so we were planning on making each other gifts...But our daughter arrived 4 days before the anniversary and neither of us ever finished the gifts.

Unknowingly we kind of planned on the same gift though. He was making me a memory journal of all our special memories together. I was making him a scrapbook type thing of all our memories.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 16th September 2007
  • After being married for 18yrs. Our first year anniversary we had just bought a house and money was really tight.......so I had some extra invitations left. I took one glued a invitation to dinner inside it. And left it in his lunch box wrapped in a silky camisole.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on 28th September 2007
  • I gave him a book that I wrote about our "Love Story"....He cried!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MamaMia on 3rd October 2007

Add a Reply