Group Discussions

Work From Home Tips?? You Have Any??

Subscribe
  • Hi to all mommys,

Im a working mom in Corporate America and I want out! I am starting a business venture and am very nervous I am doing a tremendous amount of research to be absolutely sure about this move. I want to work for myself so I can be able to spend more time with my Baby girl (she'll be 2 next month) is that soo wrong?? Well if any of you mommy's out there have any great stories about being an entreprenuer mom please tell me i need inspiration and a little motivation thanks in advance!

Remember Mommy's Rock!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by hula mom on 13th September 2007
  • Hi - welcome to the site!

I am the co-founder of Work It, Mom! and just wanted to say hi.

(I actually left a finance job to start this company, so can very much relate!)

Also, I just featured a great article you might want to check out on the Work It, Mom! blog - it's about ideas for internet businesses you might want to start from home.

Here's the link:

http://www.workitmom.com/blog/
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 13th September 2007
  • My only tip, and you've probably read this in other posts, is to recognize when you need to give in to your child. Sometimes, the more I try to distract my baby so that I can get work done, the less I get done (and the fussier he is). Every once in a while I have to admit that I am not going to get any work done and then go play with my son. After all, he is the reason I'm home in the first place- one of my perks is that I get to spend time with him!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lisa R.(dirtydiapersyndrome) on 14th September 2007
  • Hi,

I am new to the group and I would like to share a great home business with you. I work for a health and wellness company called Melaleuca (www.melaleuca.com) . We offer a free website, free training and support. No sales,no inventory, no home parties. It a great opportunity to make money while working from home. All you have to do is refer people to the company so that can enjoy same great savings and healthy natural products that you use from the company. You will receive a check every month for your referrals. Contact me and I will be glad to give you complete information. www.kidsrpeople.com Click Get Info
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Ernestine on 27th September 2007
  • Hula Mom,

No - you are absolutely NOT wrong for wanting to work from home.

My best advice is to find something you're passionate about and turn it into a business. Also, make sure you learn how to build a business... whether it's from a coach, or through taking business classes - that information will be priceless as you try and build your business.

Build a support system around you of like-minded WAHM's so that you can get sound advice when you need it, support, and so that you have awesome people to celebrate your success!

Remember - building a business takes time. It's not going to happen overnight - it doesn't have to take decades either... just be prepared for that time in the beginning when you're getting your name out there and people are learning about you and what you do.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jenn_Givler on 17th October 2007
  • Must be available at least 15 hours a week
    Must have a phone and a Computer

WE OFFER:
    ~ Daily Pay
    ~ Residual Pay
    ~ Household Dental/Health Programs
    ~ Telecommuting
    ~ Flexible PT/FT hours
    ~ Extensive Training
    ~ Personalized Websites
    ~ Supportive Team
    ~ Fast advancement

WE DON'T DO:
    ~ Telemarketing
    ~ Cold calling
    ~ Stocking or selling products
    ~ Shipping
    Visit my website for more information
    http://freedomathometeam.com/cnh92
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by cnh92 on 6th March 2013
  • I've started an online Boutique called Fashion Showcase. I'm enjoying customizing my Boutique, filling it with products, and writing reviews. The cool thing is, I'm actually earning money in the process! In fact, I make up to 25% on every sale.

The transactions are all online so all I have to do is pick the pieces I think my friends will love. My website does the marketing and shipping for me. It's totally flexible, so it fits into my busy schedule.

I think this would be a great opportunity for you, too. It's completely free to sign up. Check it out at http://fashionshowcase.kitsylane.com
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by cnh92 on 6th March 2013
  • I too, am a working mom. I've been working in education finance industry for 10 years and would like to work from home, so that I can be with my son and plan for our next baby. The only problem is I do not know where to start and how to distinguish the bogus online companies from the legit ones. Any suggestions?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamalioness on Monday
  • Well I feel you are making a great decision. What mother doesn't want to work from home in order to spend more time with her family. I am doing it and I love to being my own boss. I will be honest I was scared at first but I stepped out on faith and I am so glad I did. So I say to you do GO For It!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Livingdivastyle on 20th March 2014

Add a Reply