Group Discussions

Do you feel less feminine when you are carrying a computer bag around?

Subscribe
  • What's your solution if you do?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Victoria on 21st September 2007
  • yes! so actually I have an old leather 9west 'purse' that I have converted into my laptop bag. I hate that so many of the 'feminine' laptop bags are about $300 or more. Though i did recently see one at target i am debating - it was only $30 (i don’t know why i haven’t bought one yet!)

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/sr=1-1/qid=11 90383144/ref=sr_ilm_1/602-6175876-1508641?ie=UTF8& node=11046631
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 21st September 2007
  • ok so i figured i should post an update. i bought a black one with pretty green interior (a brighter color inside helps you find lost dark colored stuff that seems to try to hide in big bags!)

I LOVE MY COMPUTER BAG! and bonus - it was on sale for $22
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 24th September 2007
  • Not at ALL! That's like asking if men feel less masculine carrying around their son's diaper bag, right? (lol!) I think, that as parents, we stay so busy, that most of us don't even think about it! Happy New Year!
  • On a good day I carry 1 big bag for all my toddlers stuff, a laptop bag and a handbag and it is perfectly alright. I dont think the laptop bag has any impact on my feminity... anymore than my baby bag has on my desirability... its just a part of who I am. I did think of using one bag that would be multipurpose but realised it was just not practical and I would not ever get what I wanted out when I needed it, so its three bags and thats just fine.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Gayatri on 13th January 2008
  • I had an ugly black masculaine laptop bag that I carried for years. I found a Gorgeous one while I was on a business trip to Italy. It is red and very striking (I carry my laptop bag all day long.) But, the sucker is SO HEAVY. I hate the bag because it just weighs tolmuch. It's more like luggage than a laptop bag (it will be GREAT for traveling) I have been on the lookout for almost 6 months for a nice feminine lightweight bag (a nice pink leather would be PERFECT!) that will hold my laptop, power supply, mouse and spiral notebook. I also want to try before I buy - I saw the ones at Target and they just aren't big enough for all of my stuff. I'm terribly afraid that I will have to go back to my old black laptop bag (maybe I'll just workout more so I can continue to use my red one. )
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by hecticmom on 14th January 2008

Add a Reply