Group Discussions

Breast infection?

Subscribe
  • Hey ladies, I'm getting the feeling that I may be coming down with a breast infection. Anybody know the signs or have any tips to ward it off before it becomes full blown mastitis?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 29th September 2007
  • I'm not breastfeeding anymore, but I sure do remember what mastitis feels like! Here's what I felt like...My breast was very tender to the touch. I would cringe when it was feeding time. I had a fever of 104, and I was totally engorged on one side because of the clogged milk ducts. But you need to expel that milk. Totally get those milk ducts flowing. Usually a warm compress helps a lot.

I know that if there are any signs of red streaks, a fever, or any type of pain - you should definitely consult your physician =0)! I'm not a doctor, but I do know how painful mastitis can be. I'm just here telling about my experience, and by no means am I giving professional medical advice might I add...=0) I do hope that you start to feel better! It's so awesome that your breastfeeding!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Terri on 29th September 2007
  • Hey thanks! I'm definitely going in to get checked out. All those things that you described are sounding way too familiar! I'm been trying to just nurse and nurse and nurse to keep the milk flowing...it seems to help.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 30th September 2007

Add a Reply