Group Discussions

How to deal with the company!

Subscribe
  • Do any of you contract out to another company?

I am having issues with a major lack of communication, and subsequently work from my computer design company and am a bit of a coward when it comes to confrontation.

Any suggestions? either how to have a good quality confrontation or how to get brave enough to start making my abilities work for myself!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kaybeejaenq on 2nd October 2007
  • I've been know to have a friend ghostwrite my business emails upon occasion. Without the emotional investment and fear of being perceived as "Not Nice" the message comes through loud and clear in a professional voice.

It may be the coward's way out, but it works
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kimberly on 3rd October 2007
  • I took a seminar last year - Crucial Conversations- and it taught employees how to handle scenarios like yours.. Look it up online (by Vital Smarts).

The main point I learned was to always have a stated purpose for any conversation or communication....(email is terrible for a true conversation - it only serves to deliver a message). If email is your only method, I'd suggest stating just the facts and asking for what you want based on those facts...

Remember - you never get what you never ask for......
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mshell on 27th December 2007
  • Thanks guys

I have got to the point where I am in "ignore them" mode. The company hasn't offered me any new work for months now and I am fairly certain that they don't intend to send anymore my way.

Its a little aggravating because I worked my backside off for them and always got good feedback about the projects I was doing, however the guy in charge seems to be a little vague at the best of times and was not reliable at all.

Right now I am waiting for Q to be born and then once its all settled down I will use my existing skills and go find myself something along the same lines as a freelance.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kaybeejaenq on 25th January 2008
  • We had the same thing happen when we owned a corporation.... BUT... you have to believe in yourself and have the posture to sell yourself and your business to others....

Dress in a powersuit for your meetings and that will help BUILD posture!!!

Linda/CMAS, BS, RN
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by BizNurse on 18th August 2008

Add a Reply