Group Discussions

What do you all do?

Subscribe
  • Hi Everyone,

I am also new to Workit Mom and I am enjoying reading some of the blogs. I have recently become a Pampered Chef Consultant and I am loving it. I have 2 kids and a husband and have been enjoying the flexibility of my job and the opportunity it has given me to contribute to the bottom line of my family.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by PamperedKitchen on 28th March 2009
  • Hi everyone. First day here. I returned to work last week after the birth of my second child. I now have two little ones under the age of two. Boy 20 months old, girl 3 months old. I am crying at my desk... just so confused about whether or not I'm doing the right thing. The daycare person I have entrusted my children to is great, she sends me im's during the day, but I'm really struggling with returning to work.... my heart is in my stomach.
    How do I do it??? How do I become a freelance writer? I have only my associates degree, but have been told my entire life that I should write for a living (maybe a sign that I could really do this)!
    I make more money than my husband at this point, working in the i.t. industry, and I am not married to this profession at all, it's just a paycheck.
    I'm dizzy with uncertainty here - do i put work on hold until the kids are in kindergarten? Should I keep up my resume and continue on this career path to some unclear goal? I just don't know what to do!!!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by amber on Monday
  • I like this thread too. I sew and sell cloth diapers, among other products, online but am interesting in doing other things too. I am expecting, due sept 25th. i'm fairly new to marketing online and whatnot so it's been difficult, but my husband supports me and my job pays for itself, which is all i wanted. :)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Fluffy Bottoms! on 19th August 2009
  • I'm a full time editor at a newspaper, but I also work from home (after the kids are in bed!) with my freelance writing and editing business. It's hectic, but I love it!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 20th August 2009

Add a Reply