Group Discussions

Let's share our favorite quick recipes here

Subscribe
  • I saw this recipe on Rachael Ray last week and made it with my Spanish class last night. It was AWESOME!!!! and super easy!....well it was really easy with lots of helpers anyway. Even a picky nine year old loved it

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/easy-ch eesy-enchiladas/
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 19th November 2007
  • Here's a favorite in our house... and it's gluten, soy, egg, and dairy free, too.

Super fast super chicken

Honey-ginger chicken

bone-in chicken legs and thighs (doesn’t matter how many)

2 tablespoons lemon juice

4 tablespoons honey (approximately)

1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced

1 tablespoon apple cider vinager

salt to taste

pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Pull off loose chicken skin and any gobs of thick, yellow fat. Rinse chicken pieces in cold water, sprinkle with lemon juice, and rub to clean. Rinse again. Pat chicken dry, season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside.

Drizzle honey into a large non-stick (or lightly greased) roasting pan -- enough to thinly coat the bottom of the pan. Place seasoned chicken into pan.

In a small bowl, stir together the rest of the honey with the fresh ginger and the apple cider vinager. Drizzle this over the chicken.

Bake chicken for about 30 minutes, or until meat is pulling away from the bone. All of the juice will have run out and created a sticky sauce in the pan.

To serve: Remove chicken from bones, return chicken to pan, stir to coat with sauce. Serve with cut up regular and sweet potatoes that you roasted while the chicken was cooking.

While-the-chicken-is-cooking roasted potatoes

regular potatoes

sweet potatoes

salt

pepper

mixed herbs (Basil, thyme, rosemary)

minced garlic

olive oil

Scrub and peel potatoes, then cut into bite-size pieces. Place in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, then season with salt, pepper, herbs, and garlic (about 1 tsp. minced garlic per 5 potatoes). Toss to coat. Dump the potatoes into a roasting pan, and slide into the oven along with the honey mustard chicken. Stir them once in a while to prevent sticking and burning. They’re ready when they can be easily pierced with a fork.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 19th November 2007
  • Nicu101 Hi,

the only way my mom ever baked pork chops growing up was baking them in the oven with tomatoes and onions...................yummy makes me think about mommas kitchen.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on 19th November 2007
  • Since the snow is falling hard and fast in Ohio today, I thought I'd share my easy beef stew recipe. For those vegetarians out there, I'm sure you could use a substitute or add another vegetable. This recipe is easy, and once it goes into the oven you ignore it for 5 hours, no stirring required. The spices give it a little more lively flavor than traditional beef stews, but not so lively as to turn off young palates.

1-2 lbs. stew meat

3-4 potatoes

3-4 carrots

2 ribs celery

3 small onions

1-28 oz. can of stewed tomatoes

1/4 cup of water

5 tbsp. Minute Tapioca

2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 Tbsp. brown sugar

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. ground allspice

1/4 tsp. dried marjoram

1/4 tsp. dried thyme

1 bay leaf

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cut meat in to bite sized pieces. Cut vegetables in pieces slightly larger than the meat. Combine everything in a large heavy roasting pan with a lid or a dutch oven. Bake, covered for 5 hours without stirring.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kimm B on 20th February 2008
  • I know you are not suppose to advertise....but you can join ChefMama and get recipes every week with a grocery list....go on www.chefmama.com before the end of this month and put in the code 'LOVE' and you can join free...only for my moms on The Busy Chef though....I hope this helps!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Shelleen McHale on 21st February 2008

Add a Reply